Montoya Shaffer, L.L.C. is a general practice law firm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to the protection of our clients’ legal rights. We aggressively defend people who face a variety of criminal charges. We stand up for the victims of police brutality. We protect employees from workplace harms, such as discrimination and job-related injuries. We help injured people gain compensation for financial and personal losses they have suffered due to others’ negligence.
We are fighters that refuse to lose. We will do everything in our power to protect you and your family. Our areas of expertise include:
Our attorneys have a broad background in criminal law. We routinely represent people facing a variety of indictable criminal charges in Federal Court, Court of Common Pleas and Municipal Court including:
- Drug crimes.
- DUI / DWI defense.
- Traffic violations.
- Theft, grand larceny, and burglary.
- Embezzlement and employee theft.
- Assault and battery.
- Sex offenses.
- Domestic violence.
- Juvenile offenses.
- Federal crimes such as drug trafficking and illegal re-entry.
- Probation revocation / deferred adjudication.
- Briefs and appeals.
- Bail and bond proceedings.
- Miranda warnings.
- Bail and Nebbia.
- White Collar Crimes.
- Attempted Murder.
If you have suffered from brutality at the hands of law enforcement, we will take an aggressive approach to protect your rights. Let our expertise help you maximize your recovery for your injuries.
- Use of excessive force in the arrest a suspect.
- Police brutality.
- False arrest.
- Racial profiling in enforcement of statutes or regulations.
- Illegal detention or imprisonment.
- Aggravated sexual abuse.
- Searches conducted without a warrant.
- Failure to provide a timely release to a pretrial criminal suspect.
- Misapplication of deadly force in apprehending a suspect.
- Failure to meet the medical needs of a suspect.
Motor vehicle accidents
Whether you have been involved in a fender bender or a fatal highway accident, we can help. Let us initiate an immediate investigation to protect your rights and take every necessary step to secure the recovery you need and deserve.
- Car accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Car accidents on the job
Our attorneys offer strategic advocacy and support to help our clients maximize recovery after serious injury and in cases involving:
- Construction and industrial accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Wrongful death
If you were injured in the workplace, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses and wages, without any retaliatory action from your employer. We will fight aggressively to help you get compensation for your injuries, including:
- Work-related auto accidents
- Work-related slip-and-fall
- On-the-job lifting injuries
- Repetitive stress syndrome & carpal tunnel syndrome
Montoya Shaffer is a full service law firm providing dedicated and superior legal representation to individuals and businesses in a wide range of immigration matters:
- Business Immigration
- Family Based Immigration
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Self Petitions (available for eligible men and women)
- U Nonimmigrant Visa (available to victims of specified crimes)
Other Immigration Services Include:
- Asylum/Convention Against Torture
- Analysis of Immigration Consequences of Criminal Matters
- Waivers of Criminal and Fraud Barriers to Immigration
- B-2 (Tourist Visas)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- TPS (Temporary Protected Status for applicable foreign nationals)
If you are serious about protecting your legal rights, Contact us, or call 1 (215) 564-1634 for a free phone consultation with one of our trial lawyers.